Low friction rings are at the heart of Soft links. Simple, lightweight and resistant Rings, together with more sophisticated products, such as Solid rings and Hooks, revolutionized the way we design fixed and running rigging on sailboats, and not only on sailboats.
- It can be easily "hooked" to a genoa or a spinnaker sheet
- The lightest and strongest solution for a line control
- Aluminum made, highly polished and hard black anodized with a spliced Dyneema Snap Loop
- A safety spring prevents the line from going out
- Dyneema Loop safety factor (Breaking load / Safe working load) = 3
Thanks to the perfect polishing Soft links give extremely low friction. Thanks to their simplicity they cut prices down and require absolutely no maintenance. The universal solution. The first of Soft links’ characteristics is versatility.
One can use a Ring as barber, or lazy jack. On the backstay bridle instead of a sheave or for 8:1 control systems. For reefing or 3D genoa adjusting. And obviously, as a block